Sunday, June 23, 2013

Daily Supplements

So...like I mentioned yesterday, I ate the exact same thing today as I did yesterday. I may have enjoyed it even more because I didn't have to do anything except warm things up. Actually, it's not the cooking I mind, it's the dishes. My husband and I live in a house that was built in 1935, and there is no dishwasher. I am the dishwasher. I also enjoyed my meals more today because I am getting the hang of taking tiny bites and trying to eat slowly. A BRAND new concept for me, I assure you.

I thought I'd briefly mention my supplements that I'm taking every day. As expected, my doctor and dietician recommend a daily multivitamin along with calcium. I'm pretty content with my multivitamin....I'm taking 2 of these guys every day:

 

But my calcium leaves a lot to be desired. First of all they're huge, and I'm having to split them in half. They get all jaggedy, and they are just plain hard to choke down. And even worse, you have to take 4 pills a day, split into 2 doses. I'm just not down with doing this 8 times a day. I'm just not.

 

So I saw an advertisement for these in the Sunday paper today. They have 15 calories each, but that is no big deal. I bet they taste pretty good too. They are calcium carbonate as opposed to calcium citrate (the dietician at the hospital said citrate is better), but I don't know how long I can keep doing the Citracal pills. I can envision how hard those would be to take after I have my first fill.

 

I'm also taking a sublingual B12 because I've heard they are good for extra energy, and Biotin because I'm interested in keeping my hair, y'all. I know some people never experience that side effect, but just the thought of losing hair has me quakin' in my boots. A little insurance, if you will.

 
 
 
 Hope everyone's Sunday has been as relaxing as mine! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. What do those sublingual B12's taste like? I've never taken supplements that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first time taking anything like that too. They have a really pleasant cherry flavor and dissolve in about thirty seconds.

    ReplyDelete