Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 201
Today's weight: 201
Total loss: 100 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

Happy weekend everyone! I hope you're having a relaxing one. Mine has been pretty productive. I've been doing tons of laundry, grocery shopping, projects around the house, etc. I've been in a GREAT mood all weekend because… I'm gearing up for the last three days of school. Oh, Summer. How I've missed you.

First things first… No weight lost this week. I'm not surprised one bit. After losing 2 1/2 pounds last week, combined with my TOM, I really wasn't expecting much if anything. I also returned to the gym this week after taking a couple of weeks off. Historically that means I'm going to maintain my weight or even gain a little bit since sore muscles hold a lot of water. That's what I have been told/read anyway. I think my body is like... "Girl, I'm good. I've lost 100 pounds, yo. You gotta let me chill." Meanwhile I'm over here like: "But we are sooooooo freaking close to getting below 200 for the first time in over a decade. Why are you DOING this to me????" The struggle is REAL.

But I'm going to have to calm the eff down. It's really starting to sink in that these last 50 pounds are not going to go as quickly as the first 100. I've been at the stage for a while now where I truly do have to fight for every pound lost. Exercising, watching my calories, drinking all my water. All the things we KNOW to do.

So this week....I have a new mantra. Liketohearithereitgoes: "There is NO timetable."

None. No one has given me a deadline. Not my friends, not my family, certainly not my surgeon.

Realizing this is both freeing and empowering. And that's a REALLY good combination. :)

I hope you all have a fantastic week. Thanks for reading.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment