Saturday, June 7, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday...1 Year Bandiversary Edition :)

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 201
Today's weight: 200
Total loss: 101 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

Sometimes words fail me. Right now all I'm really thinking is.......WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I seriously cannot believe it was one year ago today that I was banded. Time has not only flown, it has flown at warp speed.

I woke up this morning and just laid in bed for a loooooong while. This is very unlike me. Normally my first waking thought is COFFEE and then I start tackling my to do list.

Not today. Today I allowed myself some time to stop, reflect, and...dare I say it? To celebrate ME! Ha! I gave myself permission to be PROUD of myself. Because you know what? I AM!!

I'm proud that I made the choice to be healthy. I'm proud of the hard work I've put in. I made up my mind at the beginning of this process that I was going to give it everything I had. It hasn't always been easy. In fact, some days have been really hard. But I kept my eye on the prize and I've been richly rewarded. With things like...
  • the excitement I feel when I put on clothes I actually want to wear
  • not being so tired at the end of the work day that I need to take a nap
  • having the confidence to look people directly in the eye when I speak my mind
  • no knee pain
  • better sleep
  • having the energy to be a better wife/friend/teacher
  • being able to sit anywhere 
  • getting to rock my high heels again :)
  • feeling better at 41 than I did at 21
  • an online blogging community that supports, motivates and inspires me DAILY
And so, SO much more. These are just some of the things I've gained with 101 pounds lost.

I never IMAGINED I would be here in just a year's time. NEVER. EVER. But I'm so glad that I am.

I'm ready to see what awaits me in Year #2! Thank you ALL for reading.







  

7 comments:

  1. Happy bandiversary :) massive congrats on your first year and may the next be as good if not better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! The year has gone by so fast I can hardly believe it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Bandiversary! U have totaly ROCKED YOUR BAND! I love your determination and possitive spirit girl. Heres to a great year 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy!! It has been a WHIRLWIND of learning, adapting, and trying to just stay on course!

      Thank you for ALWAYS being in my corner. :)

      Delete
  3. I was banded December 1, 2016 and I get my first fill tomorrow. As far as my scales at home, I'm down 19.6 lbs. I'm anxious to see what the Doctor's scales say. I just found your page and I have enjoyed reading about your journey. I have also watched my sister's journey over the past two years. Your stories make me excited about my own story in the next couple of years. Thank you for posting all of this.

    ReplyDelete