Last week's weight: 201
Today's weight: 200
Total loss: 101 pounds
Sometimes words fail me. Right now all I'm really thinking is.......WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I seriously cannot believe it was one year ago today that I was banded. Time has not only flown, it has flown at warp speed.
I woke up this morning and just laid in bed for a loooooong while. This is very unlike me. Normally my first waking thought is COFFEE and then I start tackling my to do list.
Not today. Today I allowed myself some time to stop, reflect, and...dare I say it? To celebrate ME! Ha! I gave myself permission to be PROUD of myself. Because you know what? I AM!!
I'm proud that I made the choice to be healthy. I'm proud of the hard work I've put in. I made up my mind at the beginning of this process that I was going to give it everything I had. It hasn't always been easy. In fact, some days have been really hard. But I kept my eye on the prize and I've been richly rewarded. With things like...
- the excitement I feel when I put on clothes I actually want to wear
- not being so tired at the end of the work day that I need to take a nap
- having the confidence to look people directly in the eye when I speak my mind
- no knee pain
- better sleep
- having the energy to be a better wife/friend/teacher
- being able to sit anywhere
- getting to rock my high heels again :)
- feeling better at 41 than I did at 21
- an online blogging community that supports, motivates and inspires me DAILY
I never IMAGINED I would be here in just a year's time. NEVER. EVER. But I'm so glad that I am.
I'm ready to see what awaits me in Year #2! Thank you ALL for reading.