Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trusting the Process

Well...go figure. Since I announced my "60 pounds by my five month bandiversary goal", the scale has not budged one iota. Still sitting at 246 like I was on Saturday morning. So I'm left to seek out some non-scale victories this week. Because I don't fly on planes too often, this one is kinda like my version of the "airplane seat belt extension".  :)

See this desk right here?
This desk has been my nemesis for a while. Because I couldn't fit into it. At all. We have a lot of impromptu meetings around my school in different classrooms, and I always dreaded them because I knew I wasn't going to fit into the desks. I had to do that awkward "pull up a chair and use the desk as a table top" thing and pretend like it was just fine with me. Guess what? It wasn't fine with me. I was always embarrassed and ashamed that I couldn't fit into the desk like a regular person.

I'm happy to say those days are over. I tried it out last week and I fit into it just fine. Comfortably, even.

So while my weight has remained the same this week, I'm really trying to focus on the positive. I'm eating just like I should, I've just come home from another kick ass workout....number three for the week, and I'm about to make a healthy, delicious dinner.

I'm trusting the process.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Thanks for reading.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your NSV they are such fun.
    We have similar desks at some rooms in my college and I was super ecstatic when I fit in one and could use the table and not flip it back like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It felt really great to be able to slide right in that seat.

      I did the same thing in college. Or I would squeeeeeze it down and try to fake like I wasn't super uncomfortable. Man....this is so much better.

      Delete
  2. That is an awesome NSV! Trusting the process is hard sometime, but the scale always swings back and normally in a big way if we do :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so. I just gotta keep the faith.

      BTW...you are an amazing example and I am just in awe of your progress. You are a superstar, girl!

      Delete
  3. How does that happen??? I was all in line to reach my goal of 200 by tomorrow (I was 211 two weeks ago), and I haven't. lost. a pound. I have to get back to tracking and drinking a lot more water. It's gotta be the water, because there's no way I'm eating enough calories to make up the weight. Good luck pushing through!
    www.thatmollygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??? Next time I am just keeping my BIG mouth shut! Ha!

      Man...200. I am LIVING for that day. I know you are super anxious to get there. You will.

      I'm learning that my body just will NOT let go of weight until it's good and ready. I just have to relax and let it happen.

      Keep me posted!

      Delete
  4. That's a huge NSV! Now you can just go with the flow and just focus on your impromtu meetings instead of worrying about fitting in the desk meant for teens. Awesomeness Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It makes me wonder what all I missed when I was so focused on just being invisible. I never want to forget how this feels or take it for granted.

      Thank you SO much!

      Delete
  5. You rock. I love that you can sit in that desk. Before you know it you'll be mistaken for one of your students. Hottie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait...you don't teach elementary school do you??? :P

      Delete
    2. Ha! No...high school! And most of them look 35 and dress like they're going to the club!

      It was such a nice moment. I made sure that I was alone, and just tried it out. Half-thinking that I would not fit quite yet. These NSVs never get old, do they? :)

      Delete