Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Comfort Food: Chicken and Biscuits

As far as comfort food goes, this recipe just might be the comfiest in my arsenal. Comfiest....is that even a word? I'm not sure. Let's just go with it.

When the weather turns cooler, this is the type of food I like the most. Warm, delicious, and most of all...easy to throw together.

I started with three kinds of frozen veggies....sweet peas (2/3 cup), crinkle-cut carrots (2/3 cup), and diced hash brown potatoes (1 cup).
I didn't like the way those carrots looked, so I chopped them up a bit. There. That's better.
I mixed in a can of Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup, salt, a shake of poultry seasoning, a little garlic powder, and lots and lots of fresh ground pepper. And most importantly....12 ounces of shredded chicken breast.
I put it all in a 9x9 Pyrex and topped it with 4 Grands Reduced Fat Biscuits.

Here is my portion:
It was so good and just the thing on a cold(ish), rainy day.

Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie, Serves 4
Calories per serving: 354
Total Fat: 9.8g
Total Carbs: 44.2g
Protein: 22.3g

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: