Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 220
Today's weight: 218.5
Total loss: 82.5 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful week.

For me, this week was all about getting back on track. And it actually felt great. I'm down a pound and a half. Finally out of the 220's. Yea!!

I always weigh myself three times. I know...it's one of my weird things. Twice I weighed 218 and the third time I weighed 218.5. So we will go with that. I probably need to get a better scale. One that will show more than a .0 or .5....but this one has served me well thus far. And...lezz be honest...like I need those extra decimals to obsess over. :)

I was able to work out 4 times this past week and I've set a goal for myself to do that again. I never in a million years thought I would be the type of person who actually looked forward to a workout, but it's actually happening. What's also happening is that my arms are getting toned and muscular. I actually can feel defined triceps. What the what??? It's pretty amazing.

My eating was pretty repetitive this week, but I didn't mind one bit. I'm still loving the Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit cups for breakfast. I've played around with the recipe a bit and I've gotten the calories even lower. Monday night I made a Sloppy Joe Casserole and ate that for three nights in a row. But Thursday's dinner...it's my favorite new thing of all.

Not sure what to call this exactly, but it's a Mission tostada shell with a schmear of nonfat refried beans, and a little bit of 2% shredded cheddar. I broil it for a few seconds until everything is nice and melty and then top it with a scrambled egg, avocado slices, and some hot sauce. Although I've been eating it for dinner, it would probably make a great weekend breakfast.
Just delicious. I am going to try a different version this week with some shredded chicken or maybe pork carnitas in place of the egg. The tostada shells are only 55 calories each. ¡Qué magnífico! 
 
I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for reading!
 


10 comments:

  1. Woo hoo on getting back on track - AND so happy you got to get the ka-ching pay off on the scale, too. :-D (I laughed that you step on it 3 times - I do the same! Mine is always 2 pounds lighter the first time - rats! - the second is the disappointing reality, the third is to convince myself that maybe, just maybe this ONE TIME the first weight will come back to me!! It never does though - third is always same as second. :-D)

    You are doing so awesome! I'm going to have to look for the tostada shells, that looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are EXACTLY right! The third time is ALWAYS the same as the second, but that never stops me from doing it. Jussssssst in case. :)

      I am obsessed with those tostada shells. Hope you enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. you are chuggin right along girl.. Great Job!!! And isnt it a great feeling to get a work out done, and then start seeing the deifinition as a result :) awesome work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...it really is. Never before have I actually stuck with a workout plan long enough to see actual results. Sometimes I just sit around and feel my new muscles! Ha! I'm crazy, but it sure is motivating. :)

      Delete
  3. Sloppy Joe Casserole? That sounds delish. I will have to do an internet search. Unless you're willinng to direct me to a link with your recipe. Yum!
    BTW. Congrats on getting below the 220's. I have been stuck in the 250's for a while. I think my body is practicing weight memory and just trying to hang on....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my all-time favorites. And it makes SO much that it gives me several meals out of the deal. I hope you like it as much as I do! Here's a link to the recipe: http://lapbandeats.blogspot.com/2013/11/recipe-sloppy-joe-casserole.html

      I thought I was going to be in the 220's forEVER. I think my body must have been doing the same thing. And I'm sure it will happen again before I get to goal. I have a hard time not getting frustrated.

      Delete
  4. Your blog makes me so hungry!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's such a compliment though! My food photgraphy majorly sucks. Thinking that I need to invest in a better camera. :)

      Delete
  5. dude. I'm so wimpy in my arms...I was just complaining the other day about my wimpiness so I'm quite jealous of your muscles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had the upper body strength of a gnat. These new baby triceps are giving me a false sense of badass. :)

      Delete