Saturday, February 1, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 223
Today's weight: 223
Total loss: 78 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

No loss this week.

After last week's 2.5 loss, I wasn't expecting much. But something? Anything? I mean, come on...I'm playing by all the rules, here.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too attached to the scale. Like...maybe I need to take a little scale break? I'm all for weekly accountability, but getting on the scale this morning and seeing no loss whatsoever put me in a funk. Actually, it pissed me the hell off. No bueno. Have you been there?

In my very first blog post, I wrote about losing 150 pounds about fifteen years ago. It took me almost 2 years to do it. And guess how many times I weighed myself? Exactly twice. Once when I began, and then once when my friend Jon bet me that I'd lost at least 140lbs and forced me to see for myself. I don't know exactly why I didn't weigh myself regularly. I think I just didn't want to become obsessed with the numbers. I, as my dad would say, "kept my head down and my nose clean" and just forged ahead. If I was having setbacks or plateaus, I was none the wiser. There's a strong argument to be made here and I honestly can't tell you where I stand right now.

But as defeated as I felt this morning...I am claiming a victory of sorts. Instead of throwing in the towel, I met a dear friend for breakfast and then I went and channeled my blind rage and aggression negative feelings in a positive way...at the gym. I had a great workout and then...you know what? I felt better.

A little bit better.

Not defeated.

In this for the long haul, come what may.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. And THAT is why you have done so amazingly well with your weight loss. Your grit and determination. My opinion is that if the scale gets you down you stop looking. I thrive a little on the crazy ups and downs, but it's just not for everyone. You are amazing dear friend...and to answer your question on my blog...when I saw that 1 I was elated...the same way you will feel in just twenty-three pounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I'm gonna have to start looking at it....as a crazy ride. Either that or just keep my ass off the scale for a while!

      I mean....I cannot even fathom how good that's going to feel. Because I started at 301, that 199 will also mean I've lost over 100 pounds. Two huge milestones at one time.

      Delete
  2. It's discouraging when the number doesn't change or for whatever reason even if you've done it all right the scale goes up a pound. Drives me nuts and makes me mad.
    You're doing a great job and look great don't let yourself get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much. In my more rational moments, I can look at the big picture, but sometimes when you're doing everything you can, it's just so frustrating. You guys out there in "blogland" help me so much more than you even realize. I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  3. you are doing great girl dont let the scale get you down. It will start moving again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I've got to let the timetable in my head go and just keep on plugging away. :)

      Delete