Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 204
Today's weight: 204
Total loss: 97 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

Well....no weight loss to report this week. It's not surprising, but it is disappointing. It seems like this week, social obligations, temptations, and frustrations have been coming at me from every which way. There is something about this time of year, with the birthday parties, the celebrations, the graduations, Mother's Day… I haven't had very many meals at home for a couple of weeks.

Back in my WW days, they had a saying about BLT's. Not as in the sandwich, but as an acronym for "bite, licks, and tastes". There have been quite a few of those this week, coupled with an overwhelming urge to eat all the chocolate I can get my hands on. What's up with that? It's kind of amazing that I've managed to maintain and not gain. Thank you, exercise.

But I don't want to maintain. I want to lose.  I'm two thirds of the way to my goal and for the very first time in my journey, doubt is starting to creep in. In a big way. Will I ever get there? The mental part of it is really the kicker, folks. For me, anyway. I've got to get it together, regroup, and forge ahead.

So how do I plan to do that? I'm going to do the same things that have taken me this far. Counting my calories, drinking my water, and eating at home. I KNOW how many calories the things I cook have. Sometimes I think restaurants are just big, fat, liars when it comes to calorie reporting. And I'm going to continue my workouts. Those are my saving grace and my stress relief. Ask any teacher you know....this is the time of the year when we need stress relief the most. The storm before the calm....if you will.

June 7th is my one year Bandiversary. I would really like to be down 100 pounds by then. That would be really cool if that happens. I think I would feel pretty great about that. We shall see.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead. I'm getting ready to do laundry, tackle my meal prep, and just try to "get my mind right". That really is the most important part.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I am so going through this exact same thing right now. I was sick for over a week at the end of April. Ever since then, I have been struggling with finding my resolve. Add to that, the time of year. Parties (I live in Louisville. So lots of Kentucky Derby parties), Mothers Day x2 mothers, my birthday. I've not gone crazy, but I've allowed foods into my mouth that before I wouldn't have given a thought to.
    It's OK. I keep telling myself. Life is hills and valleys. Tomorrow there are no parties. Today is done and I can only move on.
    Just a few minutes before I read your post, I was thinking how much I wished I had someone to talk to who understood my situation. And then, I read your post! It reassured me that someone else knows!
    We can do this. We didn't get this far to stop now. One week of gain or maintenence is not the end. This week, my mantra is the old standby, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    Onward! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean...maybe I've just never noticed it before, but this time of the year is CRAZY! It seems like there is no end to all the "festivities". I'm so looking forward to June 4th...my last day of school. I'm ready to have nothing on the agenda.

      I've had to have a long talk with myself. A little attitude adjustment, really. It's so easy to slip back into that old mindset. But you're so right...both of us have come too far and have been too successful to let that happen. Thank you for your words and for being here with me through the "hills and valleys". Very well said. :)

      Delete