Hello everyone! It has been a LONG time since I've done a Ten Things Thursday. And they are always one of my favorite things to read on other blogs. So what am I waiting for? Here we go!
1. Today is John's birthday!! The big 45. I'm exceedingly glad that he was born. It's kind of a regular work day for him, plus he's SUPER busy at work right now, so we're sort of waiting until Sunday to do our full on, proper celebration. But in the meantime, I made these for him to take to his office and share with his co-workers. Just a warning....I've done a lot of baking in my lifetime, but I think this might be the most caloric thing I've ever attempted. Look if you dare. http://www.bakerella.com/kit-kat-cream-cheese-brownies/
2. Really starting to become more.....aware....of my port. Like...it sticks out. Is this something that just comes along with weight loss? Please let me know what your experience has been.
3. The WLS peeps I follow on Instagram all seem to LOVE their Polar Heart Rate Monitors. Specifically the Polar FT7. After lusting after one for months, I broke down and bought one this morning. The Polar website has all the info, demo videos, etc, but DON'T buy one from the site. The model I got was literally $50 cheaper on heartratemonitorsusa.com Amazon and other places have them too. Shop around.
4. Teacher Appreciation Week is this week. I've gotten a lot of sweet cards, notes and gifts. What hasn't been so cool???? The MASSIVE amount of food we've had in our Teachers' Lounge. Seriously....donuts, cookies, pizza, pasta, cheese trays, sandwich trays, cakes. Can someone appreciate me with some new Under Armor socks, perhaps?
5. Speaking of school... this year has kinda flown by. We had 5 snow days this years which is a TON for us. I enjoyed every single one of them, but we have to make them all up. So...our last day this year is going to be June 4th. Not bad at all. I don't have ANY plans this summer, and I'm thrilled about that.
6. I've upped my calories slightly because I felt like I was eating too few. Especially with my workouts. Right now I'm in the 950 range.
7. This song. Cannot stop. It's my official Song of the Summer. Thanks, Jordan. :)
8. I never did binge-watch The Walking Dead like I planned. I got about three episodes in and I was just kinda ehhhhh about the whole thing. Next on the list...House of Cards. Both seasons. And Orange Is The New Black returns June 6th. Woo hoo!
9. This is eventually going to be an entirely separate blog post, but I need some help to get the conversation started. The world is an entirely different place for me than it was 100 pounds ago. In ALL kinds of ways, but especially in how I'm treated by strangers. I remember reading a post that Lap Band Gal wrote quite a while ago about how the only person who didn't treat her differently after she lost weight was her cat, Pemberly. I'm experiencing this for myself now and it's a complete and total mindf*ck. Thoughts? Experiences? Please share.
10. Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you moms out there. Especially to my BFF Rachel. Her FIRST Mother's Day ever! Even though John and I have chosen not to have children (probably a whole other blog post, huh?), I recognize and appreciate how hard all you moms work. A mother truly is the heart of the family, and I feel like I won the "Mom Lottery". She's just amazing.
I'll be back in a couple of days with a Weigh-In Saturday.
Thanks for reading!