Thursday, May 8, 2014

Triple T!

Hello everyone! It has been a LONG time since I've done a Ten Things Thursday. And they are always one of my favorite things to read on other blogs. So what am I waiting for? Here we go!


1. Today is John's birthday!! The big 45. I'm exceedingly glad that he was born. It's kind of a regular work day for him, plus he's SUPER busy at work right now, so we're sort of waiting until Sunday to do our full on, proper celebration. But in the meantime, I made these for him to take to his office and share with his co-workers. Just a warning....I've done a lot of baking in my lifetime, but I think this might be the most caloric thing I've ever attempted. Look if you dare. http://www.bakerella.com/kit-kat-cream-cheese-brownies/

2. Really starting to become more.....aware....of my port. Like...it sticks out. Is this something that just comes along with weight loss? Please let me know what your experience has been.

3. The WLS peeps I follow on Instagram all seem to LOVE their Polar Heart Rate Monitors. Specifically the Polar FT7. After lusting after one for months, I broke down and bought one this morning. The Polar website has all the info, demo videos, etc, but DON'T buy one from the site. The model I got was literally $50 cheaper on heartratemonitorsusa.com Amazon and other places have them too. Shop around.

4. Teacher Appreciation Week is this week. I've gotten a lot of sweet cards, notes and gifts. What hasn't been so cool???? The MASSIVE amount of food we've had in our Teachers' Lounge. Seriously....donuts, cookies, pizza, pasta, cheese trays, sandwich trays, cakes. Can someone appreciate me with some new Under Armor socks, perhaps?

5. Speaking of school... this year has kinda flown by. We had 5 snow days this years which is a TON for us. I enjoyed every single one of them, but we have to make them all up. So...our last day this year is going to be June 4th. Not bad at all. I don't have ANY plans this summer, and I​'m thrilled about that.

6. I've upped my calories slightly because I felt like I was eating too few. Especially with my workouts. Right now I'm in the 950 range.

7. This song. Cannot stop. It's my official Song of the Summer. Thanks, Jordan. :)

8. I never did binge-watch The Walking Dead like I planned. I got about three episodes in and I was just kinda ehhhhh about the whole thing. Next on the list...House of Cards. Both seasons. And Orange Is The New Black returns June 6th. Woo hoo!


9. This is eventually going to be an entirely separate blog post, but I need some help to get the conversation started. The world is an entirely different place for me than it was 100 pounds ago. In ALL kinds of ways, but especially in how I'm treated by strangers. I remember reading a post that Lap Band Gal wrote quite a while ago about how the only person who didn't​ treat her differently after she lost weight was her cat, Pemberly. I'm experiencing this for myself now and it's a complete and total mindf*ck. Thoughts? Experiences? Please share.

and......


10. Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you moms out there. Especially to my BFF Rachel. Her FIRST Mother's Day ever! Even though John and I have chosen not to have children (probably a whole other blog post, huh?), I recognize and appreciate how hard all you moms work. A mother truly is the heart of the family, and I feel like I won the "Mom Lottery". She's just amazing.

I'll be back in a couple of days with a Weigh-In Saturday.

Thanks for reading!



6 comments:

  1. Love this post girl.. Happy B Day to JOHN!!! ..... and my PORT... OMG I feel mine constantly never is there a time I dont notice it.. I can see it, feel it with my hands, if I work out to hard it makes that area tender ( not so much painful as just tender if that makes sense) I am kind of glad I can feel it, as it helps me remeber... SO finding ways to celebrate or appriciate people not food related it something I have tried to do since I started this journey.. I mean if junk is bad for me why would I want to give it to someone I love .right...I still struggle with this from time to time but am getting better I think.. One of the local schools here washed ALL the teachers cars this week.. I thought that was an AWESOME idea :).. and lastly everyone treats me differently. depending on my mood it either flatters me or pisses me off though.. LOL I mean I am the same person. Enjoy your weekend and Johns BDay Celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! He's never as excited about his bday as I am. Sometimes I think he wishes I'd just ignore it. Not gonna happen! :)

      Ok...this makes me feel better. It's like all of the sudden this week...BAM...my port is sticking out way more than before. It's kind of been scaring me a bit. I really hope I don't have to have a port revision when I get to goal.

      Well said. I am the same way, Usually I'm okay with it, but every now and then it COMPLETELY weirds me out. All part of it, I guess.

      I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Happy Teacher Appreciation week :)

    I completely agree. EVERYONE treats me differently-down to my best friends and my parents. I even hear "I didn't realize you were that big before" from people who love me. I guess they don't realize that can be hurtful. But...something to think about... maybe people treat us differently because we carry ourselves differently? I don't think that is 100% the reason, but it definitely could be a big part of it. I think I am as different toward strangers as they are to me. I'm more confident and outgoing, not that I was ever shy or quiet around new people. Just a thought... I love and hate this phenomenon all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I have often thought..."well maybe they are just picking up on my positive energy and responding to that." I try to think of everything....maybe its that now I make more eye contact, maybe I smile more. Who the hell knows. The phenomenon with strangers is one thing, I haven't noticed it so much with friends and family. Thank God.

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. As I lose weight I see people smiling at me, talking to me and holding the door instead of letting it drop on me. It makes me feel good and awful too. When I'm fat it's like I'm invisible except to scorn. Thefatgirlthin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say...it REALLY threw me for a loop at first. Thought I was imagining the whole thing. Then...it started to happen over and over. Too often for me to just be dreaming it up. Still don't know what to think about the whole thing.

      Delete