Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back in the Swing

Well...this week has been....not so bad at all. All of the things I was nervous about have worked out just fine! Whew! I can do this.

Let me back up a minute. For those of you who don't know, I'm a teacher and I was banded on June 7th. That meant I had the ENTIRE summer to recover and adjust to my new lifestyle. It was nice, and I planned it that way. I had time to prepare leisurely meals, workout any day I wanted to, get plenty of rest, etc. So as school is beginning, I'm finding out that all of these habits I've worked on are now becoming second nature.

We have had meetings this week and each day I've started my morning with my Unjury Protein iced coffee. Around 9:30 each morning I've had this for breakfast:
We've been eating lunch every day at 11:30...much earlier than I'll be eating when school actually starts. Lunches have varied this week. Monday: Wendy's Chili, Tuesday: half of a Turkey Wrap, Wednesday: grilled shrimp, veggies, and refried beans, and today I had a slice of pizza with Canadian bacon and black olives.

Dinners have been pretty standard too. I've been cooking a meal and then having the leftovers for dinner the second night. Monday night I made Man Pleasing Chicken. The hardcore feminist in me HATES that name, but it's some damn good chicken.
 Last night I made my favorite Poppy Seed Chicken casserole and that's what I'll be having tonight too.

My calories and protein have been on track each day. Water has been good, but not perfect. Exercise? That's a whole different, sad story. Non-existent this week. I haven't been too hard on myself about it because this first week back is always so exhausting, but I know that cannot keep happening. I would probably have more energy and not be as tired if I would find time to work out. My Bob Harper yoga DVD should come in the mail today, so I will be checking that out this weekend.

My hunger levels are still really diminished after that second fill. I'm scheduled for my third fill on August 26th and I have a feeling that this will be a tiny one if I even get one at all. I hate to even say it out loud, but I think I'm thiiiiiis close to the coveted Green Zone.

I hope everyone has had a good week. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Is that creamy chicken photo the man pleasing chicken? Uhm...yum!

    So glad your stressors weren't an issue at all! And like you i think I'm just a smidge off of the green zone! Yippee for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's it! And it's definitely man pleasing and woman pleasing too. Five ingredients...chicken thighs, a half cup of Dijon mustard, a quarter cup of maple syrup, and a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. Mix all that up and pour over the chicken. Bake at 450 for 40 minutes and baste about halfway through. Oh! And I sprinkle turkey bacon bits over the top before I put it in the oven. It is soooo good.

      Yea for us indeed! It's crazy how much this last fill has affected my appetite.

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work! And of you're in this neck of the woods drop off some cooking. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is so good...and easy! I've tried a LOT of Pinterest recipes, and this is by far the best one yet.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to call it People Pleasing Poultry, because I love alliteration and I'm too much of a feminist for the other name. But yeah, I'll be making PPP soon, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god...that's genius! And that's what I'll call it from now on. Love it!

      Delete
    2. Glad you like...I'm a big dork when it comes to things like that :)

      Delete