Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Full Speed Ahead

Whoa. This week is a whirlwind. So to make it super easy and convenient for myself, I have been eating the same thing for the past couple of days. In fact, my breakfast and lunch is going to be the same all week. Not that I mind.

I'm really digging the egg muffins I made on Sunday. They are delicious and I just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds when I get a chance to eat breakfast at 10:00am. The timing of that is really working out well, by the way. By 10, I am pretty hungry, but not so completely ravenous that I eat too fast.

Lunch has been 2 ounces of smoked ham, an ounce of fresh mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of hummus, and 8 black sesame rice crackers.

Monday night I made one of my favorite recipes of all time. Emily over at Emily Bites has a great selection of delicious and healthy recipes. Quite a few of them are Weight Watcher recipes that are good for Bandsters too. This is the Chicken Tamale Bake. My recipe differs from Emily's in that I use  about 11 ounces of chopped rotisserie chicken instead of shredded chicken breast. That makes the calorie count slightly higher, but I really like the mixture of white and dark meat. Here's what it looks like when it comes out of the oven.
 
And here is my portion:
 
I've had this for dinner the past two nights, and I'll also be having it again tomorrow. By Thursday I will definitely be ready for a change of pace! Here are my totals for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday... the same for all three days. Repetition is not so exciting, but it's easy. And this week I need some EASY! :)
 
I hope everyone is having a great week. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I just love how you premake your meals. I need to take a page from that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's working well so far. My obsessive compulsive, plan everything out to the letter self now has a useful purpose at least!

      Delete
  2. How's is going with adjusting to your second fill? I get mine Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily… I am so sorry I'm just now getting back to your comment. This week has been simply out-of-control!

      My second adjustment gave me a lot more restriction than my first one did. But like the first one, I am finding that I am getting hungrier again. I go for my third day after tomorrow. I am really hoping that this will be the one that will get me into the zone.

      How is everything going with you?

      Delete
  3. That's ok girl! I just remembered I left this comment and forgot to check back to see if you replied :)

    I just got my second fill and on liquids today, pureed tomorrow, and back to reg diet Wed and I can't wait! ha! I like my meals to have substance and not be liquid, but that's the breaks! I was hoping that this one would lead me into the "green zone". I'm just so scared of getting stuck/throwing up. That is my worst fear.

    Anywho, just taking it day by day and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did this!!! Losing weight is great!! ;)

    ReplyDelete