1. So last week I confessed that after years of watching the infomercial, I broke down and ordered Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty skincare system. My verdict? It's just kind of....eh. The cleanser is basically Cetaphil. And for the money, you could do just as well at Walgreens. I had to find out for myself though. I think it would be fine if you are 20 to 35, but I need some stronger stuff at my age. Like Retin A and some glycolic acid. ;)
2. I'm deep cleaning my house room by room before school starts. I know I'm not going to feel like it for a while. Those first weeks always knock me for a loop. On the plus side, it's a really great workout. I'm moving furniture and everything. :) Furry Lewis has been helping too.
Monday. Love those Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls! And Wednesday was the same too except for dinner.
4. Fill. What fill? The past two days I have been feeling like I don't even have a band at all. My hunger is off the charts. I know it's because my TOM is coming up, but I don't like it. At all.
5. I met my friend Jordan for dinner last night and it was so good to catch up. She just got back from a whirlwind trip to Paris, so there was a LOT to talk about. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and I got the shrimp fajitas. I ate the shrimp, some veggies and 2 corn tortillas.
6. I'm starting to think I need some sort of Target 12 step program. I went in yesterday for toilet bowl cleaner (see # 2) and I bought a purse. In my defense though, it was on clearance for $8. Marked down from $24.99. So when you think about it, I couldn't afford NOT to get it.
this movie. I saw the trailer for it when I went to see Bling Ring. Scarlett Johannsen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, AND Tony Danza??? I'm there. It comes out in late September.
8. In 11 days I will begin my 20th year in the classroom. And I've been in the exact same classroom for all of those 20 years, which is practically unheard of. I'm very lucky to do what I do.
9. I'm having a super hard time with my water this week. I have met my 64oz goal most days, but it has been difficult.
10. I know I don't usually talk about very many serious things on this blog, but I cannot stop thinking about Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Gina DeJesus. When Michelle spoke out against Ariel Castro in court today, I just wanted to stand up and cheer. And then I wanted to hug her. I cannot even fathom that kind of courage. Here's hoping that the remainder of their lives be free of pain and blessed with constant love and happiness.
Thanks for reading.