Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday (Sunday Edition)

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 218.5
Today's weight: 216
Total loss: 85 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

Sorry for the late posting. I've been having so much fun this weekend, I'm just now sitting down to post my weigh in. I actually have two numbers for you guys this week. For my official weigh-in yesterday morning I weighed 217. When I woke up this morning though, I weighed 216. Fine with me! This brings me to an even 85 pounds lost. 100 pounds is so close I can feel it!

I had an awesome Saturday. I had breakfast with a dear friend at Panera and I got the Power Steak Bowl off their "Hidden Menu" again. I truly don't know why they want to hide something this delicious! It's an egg with the most tender, thinly sliced steak, a little bit of avocado, some spinach, and some sauteed red bell pepper. It's 270 calories and packed full of protein. 25 grams of protein to be exact. I posted a picture of it on my Instagram a few weeks ago, but in case you missed it, it looks like this:
It's my standard order, and I could eat it every day of the week. And the best part? It kept me full all day long.

After breakfast, I went and worked out for the fourth time this week. I'm really proud of that number. Four is always my goal, but most of the time I end up with three. The week ahead is so busy I'm going to be lucky if I get to work out twice. I'm going to try really hard to squeeze in an extra one. I have been really surprised by what I'm able to do lately...cardiovascularly speaking. :) I've said this before, but it's such a rewarding feeling to push yourself and have your body respond. To be able to do even more than your mind thinks you can. Suffice it to say that I pushed myself to the limit yesterday. And then I came home and took a long hot bath.

John and I had a really great date last night. Nothing too exciting, we just went to an Asian buffet and to buy groceries, but I swear that man makes everything fun. But about the buffet…this time last year, I was absolutely convinced that I would never go to a buffet again. If you're a pre-op reading this, go ahead and just banish that thought forever. You're going to go to all your favorite restaurants, you're just going to eat differently. I'm mad at myself for forgetting to take a photo of my plate last night. I was distracted by the delicious food, plus I usually try to make it a point to leave my phone in the car when John and I are at dinner. I had two skewers of char-grilled chicken, some boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce, and about four pieces of spicy tuna roll. The buffet we like best in Little Rock is called Panda Garden and they have really good sushi. Shocking, I know.

Today has been somewhat emotional. Emotional in a good way. I know I've already mentioned that I took a whole bunch of stuff to the resale shop a few weeks ago. Well...my closet is STILL very much a work in progress. This morning I hemmed a bunch of pants and I spent some time trying on a ton of clothes. I dragged out some things that I literally have never worn. Mostly XL and regular size clothing. Things that I bought with the hopes of getting into them someday. They still had the tags on them. I'm at the point now where just about everything in my closet fits. Including those straight size XLs. It's so rewarding to wear something because you actually like it, not just because it's the only thing that fits. My next "clothing adventure" is going to be wearing a dress. I cannot even remember the last time I had a dress on. Hopefully when the weather gets warm, I'll feel confident enough to put one on and actually like what I see. Something will have to be done about my pasty white legs however! :). Self tanning recommendations are highly welcome!

Now I'm chilling out watching Oscar fashion. Jennifer Lawrence looks flawless, Lupita Nyong'o can do NO wrong, and Jordan Catalano...I mean Jared Leto...would look so much better with shorter hair. Of course, no one can hold a candle to my man Matthew McConaughey. I sure do hope he wins tonight!

I hope everyone has an incredible week. Thanks for reading!



13 comments:

  1. OMG look at new profile picture! You look AMAZING! And I live the hidden menu at panera. I love the chicken hummus bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! Hollee convinced me this week that I needed to change it.

      Yum. I am all about some hummus. I will investigate that for sure. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. I had no clue Panera had a hidden menu? Interesting..lol
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! I went online and researched it, and found all kinds of things. Most of the things are pretty healthy too. Even better. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Hey gorgeous! Stunning new profile pic! I'm glad Hollee convinced you to change it. WOW! I love that the weight just keeps coming off. Its inspiring since I seem to be STUCK. UGH. I don't have Panera here. *sigh* I wish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I DID need to change it. It was old, old.

      I thought I would never get out of the 220's. I was there forever. Glad things are moving again. I want to see a 1 in front of some 9's, dammit!

      Delete
  4. Julie-I just read your entire blog today and I love it! I recently got my band in 1/26. My husband got his today. I could relate to a lot of the things you write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for finding me! I'm so glad you're here!

      I think it's awesome when couples decide to do this together. Kind of like a built in support system. :)

      Delete
    2. I agree. I have to admit, I'm glad I went first bc he is acting like he's going through the worst pain ever. Plus I'm sure he'll drop a ton of weight bc he's a man!

      Delete
    3. You're exactly right. He will probably drop weight at a fast and furious pace. There is a male nurse at my clinic who lost 100 pounds in four months. Just crazy.

      Delete
  5. Holy Crap....I will be soooo mad if that happens! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture makes me want to find a Panera Bread STAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...doesn't it though? I'll be having it again this Saturday. :)

      Delete