Saturday, March 8, 2014

Weigh-In Saturday

Starting weight: 301
Last week's weight: 217 Saturday/216 Sunday
Today's weight: 215
Total loss: 86 pounds
Banded: 6/7/2013

Hey everyone! Is it Saturday again already? Man...this has been quite the week.

First off…there was a crazy ice storm on Sunday night and we were out of school both Monday and Tuesday. Wait a minute…isn't it March? I don't remember ever missing a school day in March for ice. We are already going to be in school until the second week of June. I feel like we're out of the woods now, but who knows with this crazy Arkansas weather. Today it was 70°.

But....one really wonderful thing happened this week too. My BFF had her baby boy! He is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. 7 pounds, 2 ounces of gorgeousness. A full head of hair and everything. And the best part was I got to be there because we were out of school. I spent most of the day Tuesday in the maternity waiting room with her hilarious family. Seriously...it was so much fun. Since it was Fat Tuesday, her family brought Mardi Gras beads and a King Cake! I'm happy to report that I did not get the baby in the cake. Her grandmother did! Mom, dad, and baby are at home resting and doing amazingly well.

The rest of the week was relatively normal. Wednesday afternoon I got a fill at my surgeon's office. I'm thinking right now that I may be a tad bit too tight. I'll keep you all posted on that one. I've heard that most people go a little too far and end up in the Red Zone and actually have to have an unfill to wind up in the Green Zone. I don't know if that's true, but I hope not.

This morning, I was supposed to meet my friend Stephanie for breakfast at Panera, but her dog George got sick and she had to cancel at the last moment. George is a 15-year-old Daschund and he is her child. Being a parent of a Fur Child myself, I completely understood. I was already dressed though, so I ended up going to breakfast by myself. Y'all already know how I feel about the Power Steak Bowl, and it was calling my name. As I was walking into Panera, it dawned on me that it had been quite a while since I ate a meal in a restaurant by myself. I was never the overweight girl who suffered from a debilitating lack of self-esteem or anything, but it did strike me that I'm way more comfortable doing things like that now. I wonder why that is? More comfortable in my own skin perhaps? I have no idea. Something to think about.

My eating this week was on track even though I had zero time to work out. However, I did go to the gym today and I did my long workout. It felt absolutely wonderful. I weighed in this morning at 215 which means I'm down 2 pounds since last Saturday. You know, I'm finding myself with a powerful amount of motivation these days. 199 is so close. I hope it can happen by the beginning of summer. It would be really amazing to lose 100 pounds by the one year anniversary of my surgery. I really feel like I can do it.

I want to take a minute to welcome new readers. I have been so fortunate to receive so many great emails from Banders, both pre and post op. When I started this blog, I literally had no idea who was going to want to read it. I'm happy to know that so many of you do. And you actually like it! I'm really glad that you are here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and this whole springing forward business doesn't hurt you too much on Monday morning. ;)

Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed going and having dinner by myself with a good book. It can be so relaxing!

    Hooray on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know...I have to say I enjoyed it too. I was able to catch up on some email, sit, relax, and people watch. :)

      Thank you so much! Hoping I can keep this downward trend going.

      Delete
  2. *waves* Hello, I'm a new reader, banded on the 19th Feb and I went back to the start of your blog and read from there.
    I've lost 20lbs so far and have a week and a half left of soft food and still a month before my first fill.
    So if you have a day closed for bad weather you have to go in the summer? Over here the day is just lost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much for reading my blog! I'm glad you found me!

      Wow! 20 pounds already is simply amazing. How are you feeling in general? Those weeks before the first fill are different for everyone. I didn't have an incredible amount of hunger like some people experience, but my weight loss stalled out completely. It took awhile before the scale started moving again.

      Yes! Exactly! There is a Arkansas state law that requires 180 student/teacher interaction days per school year. We've missed 5 days so far, but some school districts in the northern part of Arkansas have missed as many as 20. They have to give up their Spring Break and go well into June. We are lucky to have just missed 5!

      Delete
    2. wow, you have done well with only 5 days compared to their 20 in that case, poor them.
      I feel ok, thanks, still very sore at times but a bit better every day. Lost anoth er 1lb to take it to 21

      Delete
  3. So inspired by you! I get what you mean about not being a self conscious person before. I do alone stuff a lot like movies, restaurants, etc. When I was in high school I used to go to football games alone and my mom thought I was crazy brave because she hates going places alone.

    I still need to get my butt to Panera and try that delicious looking meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hearing that I've inspired someone is my favorite thing. :)

      It's so weird because I really am a pretty solitary person. John works a lot and I have a ton of alone time. I'm pretty good with everything except restaurants for some reason.

      Delete
  4. WE cant get rid of the ice and sleet here either girl. Im so ready for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you...it has seemed NEVERending. Fingers crossed that we are done with it! It's supposed to be 79 here tomorrow...so things are looking good!

      Delete