I give you...Ten Things Tuesday!
1. Great product alert! I tried every variety of this dip, and I think this one is by far the best. If you like roasted red bell pepper, go get it! I've been putting it on everything. Like tonight...I'll be putting a dollop of it on my chili instead of sour cream. It's 25 calories for a 2 tablespoon serving. Can't beat that.
2. I simply love getting out of the blue texts from old friends. A friend that I haven't talked to in a while texted me this weekend and it was so great to hear from her. I've always said that the mark of a true friendship is being able to pick right back up where you left off no matter how long it's been. Plus it doesn't hurt that this particular lady is just one of the sweetest, funniest people I've ever known. She is just sunshine. We made plans to go have breakfast or get a pedicure sometime soon and I really hope that it happens.
3. I eat lunch with a group of women every day, so it's not a big surprise that today's discussion touched on the recent announcement that British actor Charlie Hunnam has been cast as Christian Grey in the 50 Shades adaptation. We are all pretty much in agreement that the decision is just fine with us. Although I know that's not the opinion of everyone, I think if you have ever watched any episodes of Sons of Anarchy, you might be a little bit more open to it. He plays one hell of a badass.
4. Now that Labor Day is behind us, it feels like school really is in full swing. Not that the weather has gotten any better. It's still hot as can be. My beginning of school "fatigue fog" is starting to wear off though, and for that I am very thankful.
5. I'm starting to get a little down that more people haven't noticed my weight loss. I figured it would have happened by now. Someone told me that when you have a lot of weight to lose like I do, it's generally around the 50 pound mark before anybody really notices. I can see that being the case.
6. Great product alert #2. Alright...not trying to be a bad influence here, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell you guys about the most delicious Skinny Cow product in existence. This is definitely not an every day treat....160 calories and no protein to speak of, but sometimes a girl's just got to have a lil' somethin'. I have been rationing them out to once a week, and so far, so good. If you love salted caramel, you need these in your life.
7. This Friday is the Steely Dan concert at Mud Island in Memphis! I'm so excited. I've loved Steely Dan basically my entire life. I can remember roller skating to "Hey 19" on my front porch when I was in like 2nd grade. My husband likes them even more than I do, because he is a musician. Here is a universal truth… ALL musicians love Steely Dan. Go ahead, just ask one. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the complexity of their arrangements. Or something. Who knows.
8. Only 29 more days until Scandal premieres on October 3rd! Get ready, Gladiator Nation! It is safe to say that the show has become my new obsession.
9. I want one of these.
10. And I saved the best for last. I'm going to be an aunt again! Well…sort of. My best friend is expecting a baby in March. It is her first child and I am absolutely thrilled for her. She is going to be an ah-mazing mother. Not to mention the most stylishly dressed pregnant woman the world has ever seen! I can't wait to hold that sweet baby in my arms.
I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and the return to work after the three-day weekend wasn't too difficult. I know I had a hard time getting up this morning. Thanks for reading!