1. Really starting to feel like I'm hitting my groove at school. I'm not coming home every day feeling like I've run a marathon anymore. This is a good thing! I am also starting to get more comfortable with my students, and learn more about their individual personalities.
2. Speaking of school, during the day I have way more energy than I've had in years. I used to prioritize my trips up and down the stairs so that I could make as few of them as possible. Happy to say that isn't the case anymore. Now the stairs are no big deal and I'm up and down them several times a day. I can count that as some of my cardio, right!?
3. Last week I mentioned how I was kind of down because nobody had noticed my weight loss. Literally the very next day, a woman I teach with that doesn't know I had surgery, asked me if I had been losing weight. And then of course I got the dreaded "how are you doing it?" This is a woman that I'm not overly fond of, and is well known to be hypercritical. I told her I had been cutting calories and exercising. Okay… Not really a lie, but not really the whole truth either. In that moment, I simply didn't feel like telling her the whole story. I'm really interested to hear how you guys handle all of this at work.
4. My eating has been totally on point this week. On Saturday I mentioned that I was going to pick up some chopped, smoked chicken from the barbecue restaurant. This is like the best idea I've had in a while. Although it was more expensive than getting rotisserie chickens and chopping them up myself, it tasted better and I didn't have to do all the prep work. So for lunch I've been having barbecue chicken sandwiches, and for breakfast I've been having a hard-boiled egg with half of a cinnamon raisin English muffin and a Laughing Cow. Dinner has varied a bit, but for the last couple of nights I've had an eight count chicken nugget from Chick-fil-A.
5. Have you guys done yourself a favor and listened to Lap Band Gal's podcast yet? John and I both sat down and listened to it on Sunday afternoon. Man… I continue to be inspired by her. Please. Someone with some sense. Give this woman a book deal. A TV show. Something.
6. I figured out how to do it! Progress photos and before photos are now up on this blog. I'm here to tell you… This was kind of out of my comfort zone. But I did it anyway. :)
7. The fun of shopping my own closet continues. I wore a shirt yesterday that I literally could not get over my shoulders when I got it last spring. Why did I buy it, you ask? See this post. In my mind I've been calling it my "birthday shirt" because I wanted to be able to wear it by my birthday which is Saturday. Not only did it fit, I had quite a bit of extra room. Just cut the tags off another one that I'm wearing tomorrow.
8. Did you guys buy yourself a reward present when you hit certain goals? I'm starting to think about my 50 pound goal reward. I'm thinking about either a massage or this perfume. I got a sample of it in my Birchbox a while back, and I'm slightly obsessed with it. Maybe every time I put it on, I'll be inspired to keep right on plugging along. :)
9. It has been over 100° here for the past four or five days. We cannot catch a break. I am so ready for fall. It's my favorite season. Arkansas is BEAUTIFUL in late October/early November.
10. I go for my fourth fill on September 25th, and right now I'm wondering if I'm going to need one at all. I really think the third one did the trick. I may feel differently in a couple of weeks. But maybe not. If I do get one, I think it will be really, really tiny.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. thanks for reading!