Thursday, September 5, 2013

This Week's Eats

Raise your hand if you're ready for the weekend! I know I am. I'm just gonna say it...I'm tired, y'all. Like "going to bed at 9:30" kind of tired. I know things are going to get easier...this part of the school year is just mentally exhausting.

So...I've been eating the same breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the past three days. I've tried to streamline my meal prep as much as possible, and I think it's worked out pretty well.

It's no secret that I love the cottage cheese pancakes that I first mentioned in this post, but I was kind of hesitant to make them ahead of time to take to school. I shouldn't have been. They warm up in the microwave just wonderfully, and are such a treat. I think this may be my favorite breakfast of all. They taste like the cheese blintzes I used to get at IHOP. I pureed some thawed, frozen strawberries with a packet of Equal to pour on top. I'm getting better at making three evenly sized pancakes.
After the first flip:
And voila!
Lunch has been some tuna salad and 5 reduced-fat Ritz. Check out my cool, lap band sized containers. I remember buying them at Home Goods last fall when surgery was still a far-off dream.
 On Tuesday night I made a big pot of homemade chili. It's still not quite chili weather here in Arkansas, but I had all the ingredients on hand and it sounded so good. My chili recipe is very simple...just a pound of lean ground beef, a can of Bush's Chili Beans in Mild Sauce, a can of Rotel, and a packet of French's Chili-O seasoning. I also like to stir in a slice of Borden 2% processed American cheese. Because I'm fancy like that. ;) I finished it off with a spoonful of the Oikos Red Pepper Dip instead of sour cream.
 
 And my daily totals:
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have those exact same containers from home goods in blue and purple. I use them for my daily chix salad lunch. They are perfect portion sizes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best? I kind of wish I had gotten a couple more of them.

      Delete