Friday, July 19, 2013

Delicious Breakfast Alert!

I don't know what took me so long to make these, but I assure you it will not be long before I make them again. Like maybe even tomorrow morning. They were that good. I first saw these cottage cheese pancakes on Lap Band Gal's blog. She has several different variations of them, but I decided to go for the sweet version. They were super easy to whip up… a little cottage cheese, an egg, a tablespoon of flour, a few shakes of cinnamon...and for my own version...a teaspoon of brown sugar Splenda.

I did not have any low-calorie maple syrup in the house, so I decided to make a super simple strawberry compote to go along with these.  I defrosted four frozen strawberries in the micro, mashed them up with a fork, and added about a half packet of Equal.
 
 

I'm already thinking about ways I can switch these up...adding blueberries, PB2, etc.  Lap Band Gal talks about adding pumpkin which I think would also be fabulous. And here's another tip...you can even mix up the batter ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until the next morning if you're pressed for time. All types of batters...pancake, crêpe, etc...love to sit overnight. It lets the gluten develop and gives everything a chance to blend together.

For lunch I wanted something that I had on hand, was easy to fix, and high in protein. This Starkist Tuna kit fit the bill:
 
And for dinner… well,  let's just say it… I was feeling very lazy. John was working, and didn't want to cook for just myself. So I made a run for the border. I got a Fresco style pintos and a Fresco style steak soft taco. And it was just the thing.
 
 
And my totals for the day:
 
Happy Weekend, everyone! Thanks for reading!
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting about the cottage cheese pancakes, I always just go straight to eating the cottage cheese..lol I even made pancakes today for the kids lol
    I am going to have to give this a whirl. It looks good, especially with the strawberry compote you made, I have some sugar free strawberry jelly I will use with it :)
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get over how good these were. I want to see if I can make them ahead of time and freeze them.

    ReplyDelete