Taking a cue from one of my VERY favorite bloggers, Hollee at Hollee's Weight Loss Adventure and doing my first list. Here we go with Ten Things Tuesday!
1. I've just gotten back from my sister's house and had a really great time. I was able to spend time with my sister and her husband, my niece who will be a sophomore in college, and my nephew who will be a sophomore in high school. The only one missing was my 17 year old nephew, but he has a VERY good reason! He is part of the Arkansas delegation to the annual Special Olympics conference being held in North Carolina this week. We are so proud of him.
2. I had my first pizza in 2 months last night. It was sooooo delicious. My nurse at my clinic is not anti-pizza, she just always tells us to make sure there is protein involved and to have one slice. So...that's exactly what I did, and counted the calories.
3. Earlier today my sister and I went to a few stores and there is one store in her town that sells overstock items, discontinued stock, etc. You literally NEVER know what you will find there. I certainly wasn't expecting to see this "Mama Love" toilet paper:
4. There really needs to be a setting between 25lbs and 40lbs on the Cybex arm machines at my gym. For the exercises I do, 25 is way too easy and 40 is way too hard. I've been doing the first 2 sets of 15 at 25lbs, and on the last set, I put it on 40 and do as many as I can. I guess the whole point is going until your muscles are exhausted. I can do about 10 reps at the 40 lb setting.
5. I am a huge sucker for a good informercial and I have been intrigued with the Cindy Crawford Meaningful Beauty skincare system for a while. Well...I broke down and ordered it. It had arrived when I got home today, so I will keep you posted.
6. The iced coffee obsession continues. No one at my sister's house drinks coffee. I mean....they don't even have a coffeemaker!! I know, right?! This time I brought my own...iced in a thermos with a Ziploc baggy of Vanilla Unjury.
7. I read a lot. Mostly non-fiction. One of the VERY best books I read last summer was Piper Kerman's Orange is the New Black. I am THRILLED that it has been turned into a Netflix TV series. I'm planning on binge-watching it before school starts on August 12th.
8. John and I are going to Memphis on September 6th to see Steely Dan at Mud Island. So excited!!
9. I was proud of the food choices I made while I was away over the last 24 hrs. I already mentioned the pizza. This morning I had an Egg White Delight from Mickey D's and for lunch I had a small Wendy's chili. I could not get OVER how filling the chili was. I couldn't even finish it. I'm still trying to decide what to have for dinner. I don't want to make anything that will generate leftovers, because.....
10. Tomorrow at 1:30 I will be getting my first fill! Kind of nervous, kind of anxious. I will be on clear liquids the remainder of the day tomorrow, and on full liquids all day Thursday. I know the fill means that I will be adjusting what I eat, how much I eat etc. I've heard so many of you say that there is a huge learning curve with the band, and I'm about to find out for myself, I think.
I hope everyone is having a great week! Thanks for reading!