Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Countdown and a Recipe!

The countdown to Beyoncé, that is. It's only four days away and I am getting so excited. I know I'm getting excited because I'm already thinking about what I want to wear. I tried on several items in my closet last night, and I'm happy to report that some of them were already too big. There is no better feeling than that.

Today was a good day. I'm starting to get the hang of timing my meals according to my activities. I'm also getting better at getting in all my water. It's much easier on workout days though.

This morning I had a hair appointment, so I had Chocolate Splendor coffee and breakfast before I left the house. My appointment was at 11:45, and it usually takes a couple of hours. I wanted to time it so that I could be back home in time for lunch. My stylist Jeanna is a good friend, and we always have the best time while I'm there.

Breakfast and lunch were the same as yesterday, so I won't post those photos again. This particular lunch is the most filling lunch yet. I'm not sure if it's the half slice of Ezekiel bread, but I wasn't hungry again until well into the evening.

Dinner tonight was a real treat. I originally found this recipe on Pinterest about six months ago, and I bet I have made it at least 15 times.  The first time I saw it, it looked so good that I clicked on the link immediately to check it out. That's when I discovered that this delicious chicken has the most unfortunate name ever. Are you ready for this? Man Pleasing Chicken. It sounds like something straight out of Cosmopolitan magazine. But what do you know…it turned out to be one of John's favorite dishes ever. Ever. He would be totally fine eating this three times a week. Good thing it's super easy too. Apparently something magical happens apparently when you combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and rice wine vinegar. This sauce is seriously good.

I have made a few modifications to this recipe. It calls for rosemary, but I leave it out. I like rosemary… especially sprinkled on top of focaccia bread, but I didn't feel that this recipe needed it.  I don't use the full amount of maple syrup either. In lieu of the rosemary, I add a small handful of turkey bacon bits to the sauce. I think it adds a little bit of saltiness that this recipe needs. Every time I make this recipe, I recalculate the nutrition info according to the weight of the package of chicken I'm using. I use chicken thighs, but I think boneless, skinless breasts would work just fine too. You might have to adjust the cooking time a bit.

Here's what it looks like when it's comes out of the oven. Whatever you do, be sure and line your baking dish with foil. That sauce bakes on and does NOT scrub off easily.


And here is my portion. To round out the meal I had a half cup of broccoli in low fat cheese sauce.



My totals for the day:
 
 Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment