Monday, July 15, 2013

Goal Setting and a Quick Sunday/Monday Rundown

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.

Thanks so much for the positive comments and emails about posting my weight. It feels good to own my number and be accountable. And speaking of that...I started thinking yesterday morning about what goals I want to set for the week. I'm setting two: working out at least four times, and getting in at least 64 ounces of water a day. So far, so good on the water. And I got workout #1 in this morning. I speed walk for at least thirty minutes and then I do light weights. Mainly upper body.

I'm happy to report that the Pioneer Woman iced coffee experiment went really well. I mixed in a half scoop of Unjury Vanilla, along with a little half-and-half. It tastes sooo good. This is definitely something that I will keep doing until it gets cold and I'm craving hot coffee again.
Yesterday's breakfast and today's breakfast where the exact same. I had a scrambled egg with Cholula and a fourth cup of cottage cheese.

Sunday's lunch was yummy. My dad had given me some home grown tomatoes from his garden so I made a sandwich of ham, roasted red bell pepper hummus, and tomato in a pita.
The only thing that could have made this sandwich any better was a little bit of sliced avocado, but I wanted to save the calories because John and I were going out to dinner. And where did we go? Yep...you guessed it...Genghis Grill. I absolutely love this place. I love the fact that I can turn the leftovers into a second meal later too. This time, I replaced the chicken with tofu. The last time I made this bowl, the chicken got super dry. It tasted good, but I can see it being problematic for me after I have my first fill. By the way, that is next Wednesday and I cannot wait for it to get here. Here is what my bowl looked like last night. I ate half of it, and a half of a flour tortilla.
 
Today's lunch was a sloppy joe pita from Saturday night's leftovers.

Tonight, I met my friend Rory for dinner at a Mexican restaurant called El Portón. I scanned their menu ahead of time (I love being able to do that) and decided that the best choice for me was the Mahi Mahi Veracruzana. So imagine my surprise when I got there and there was no mahi mahi to be found. No worries...I went with the shrimp instead. I had a choice of two sides so I chose the Charro beans, and the vegetables. When the plate came to the table, the fajita vegetables had been mixed in with the shrimp and they also added a side of rice. The rice looked delicious, but I didn't try it. I ate all of the shrimp, about half of the vegetables, and almost all of the beans.


Here are my totals for yesterday:


And today:


I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment