Monday, July 1, 2013

Back to the Gym

I really can't believe that it's already July. Not that you would ever know it by our weather. We are enjoying some of the nicest July weather I can remember. The high today was only around 82. I got up pretty early this morning… well, early for me in the summer. I had my Chocolate Splendor coffee, got dressed, and went straight to the gym. A couple of months ago I joined a fitness center in our area that is super nice. I'm really liking it. It has an elevated walking track that is above three basketball courts. The track is made out of a sort of rubbery material and it's really great for my knees. The fact that it's above three basketball courts mean you always have something to look at too. After my walk I did light weights. And by light, I mean very light. I texted the nurse at my clinic last week to make sure that was okay. The fitness center also has a really awesome Olympic size pool and a therapeutic pool too. I haven't worn a swimsuit since 1989, but I need to get over myself and just go for it. Swimming would be the best exercise of all for my knees.

After I got done at the gym, I came home and had my breakfast. I'm not even going to post a photo of it… You know exactly what it was!

I had breakfast, I got my coupons together and headed to Kroger. Normally I hate grocery shopping with a passion, but since it was midday, it wasn't very crowded at all. I was able to walk around the store and really think about what I was getting. Also made a few new discoveries. And I made one completely non-essential purchase. These just make me happy.


Ok. Maybe there were TWO non-essential purchases. I had a $3.00 coupon for any L'Oreal product, so I picked up one of their Caresse Lip Stains. If you haven't tried these, they're really wonderful. And a complete dupe for these.

Lunch was a mixture of things. I got some really great smoked turkey at the deli, so I had 2 ounces of that. I also had a tablespoon of Sabra Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, some red bell pepper strips, half of a slice of Ezekiel bread, and a chopped up hard-boiled egg.


Dinner was the other half of my bowl from Genghis Grill. I also had half a flour tortilla. Just as delicious as last night.

I've also gotten in the habit of having a cup of Yogi Bedtime tea every evening around 10:00.  I don't know if it's the power of suggestion or what, but it really does relax me.

And today's total.


 I hope everyone has had a great day. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment